B

B

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Selfless

I ran into the most selfless person I have ever met.
I can't even tell you what he looked like.
His actions were magnificent.
When we arrived to the ER with our 22 month old.
My husband carried him in, while I parked.
We had a t-shirt wrapped around his head and it was full of blood.
When I walked in, a couple was sitting in the waiting room
and I noticed the man's hand was wrapped up to his elbow and full of blood.
They asked me if I was looking for a baby. I was.
I checked us in and went to use the restroom.
As I was walking out of the bathroom I heard the nurse call a name.
As I came around the corner I heard the man saying,
"I am not going to get seen before that baby.
That baby is going in before me."
The nurse assured him that they were both triage
and would both be seen.
He once again said,
"I mean it, I want you to take that baby back,
I want him seen before me."
The nurse re-stated that it was triage and had an open room for each.
{I thought wow, that was very considerate of that man.}
My husband stayed with Keegan
and I waited in the car with the other kids.
When they were finished we picked them up.
My husband was telling me all the details
and everything that happened, then he said,
"I asked the doctor what we could expect with scarring?"
The doctor said,
"There would be a scar but it would be minimal
compared to the man next door,
he's gonna have a lot of scarring.
He blew all of the tissue, muscle
and ligaments off his hand and forearm,
he was loading a 50 gauge muzzle loader,
and it exploded... Nothing about his healing process
is going to heal up nice."
I couldn't believe it?!?
This was the man that wanted my baby to be seen before him...

No comments:

Post a Comment