B

B

Monday, September 27, 2010

The day we lost you...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010
My precious Rainbow baby,

I welcomed your presence into my life, only a mere six days ago,
Now, you have left us all too swiftly, and we must let you go.

I cannot contain into words the joy and excitement each of us has felt,
Thanking God for your life, more time on my knees in prayer, I wish I had knelt.

I watched each of your siblings embrace your life and my face smiled with a glow,
Now, my body aches for your loss as my heart swells with sorrow, no baby to show.

I know we are not at fault, nor are we to blame,
I don't want to spend our time carrying guilt and shame.

Instead I want to celebrate your simple life, for God has a magnificent plan,
And rejoice for the time we had, though we could never touch your hand.

I am sorry we could not meet you, or watch you take that first breath,
I will miss your newborn smells, and never get to lay you to my breast.

In the coming days I will mourn not feeling that first kick,
But God chose to welcome you back home, YOU were His top pick.

While you are not here, there are many things that we will miss,
So I beg for an angel to wrap you up and give you that first heavenly kiss.

I know your life will be more fulfilled as you wait in heaven for me,
You will not have to suffer or deal with the painful place this world seems to be.

I promise I will be there someday all too soon and hold you lovingly,
But for right now, your siblings here on earth, you know, they need me.

Please know how much I love you, though for a brief time we embraced,
As my child #8, my rainbow baby, you can never be replaced.

A better place holds you now, better than I ever could,
I won't ever forget the bond we shared, that only a mother's love has understood.

Extra kisses and a squeeze to loved ones as you have reminded me how precious life is,
I look forward to the day when we can touch and I will welcome our first kiss.

As your mother I cannot be replaced, but where you are you do not need me,
I need your love, because a life-long ache in my heart there will always be.

So for this one favor I do ask, that once in awhile, you give me a sign,
And send me a rainbow to remind me that your life was inspired by God's special design.

Know my love will never leave you as I continue to live my life on earth,
But, I am anxiously awaiting the day I meet you and celebrate your heavenly birth.

Goodbye with Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment