B

B

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where are the instruction manuals

that were suppose to come with each child?

I don't always know how to turn some of them on at times,
and I don't always know how to shut others off at times,
and sometimes I forget how to operate each one at the most efficient level...

KIDS are {kind of like} operating a new piece of equipment
they need to be examined upon arrival, inspected often, used only for what they were made to do, you can't expect one piece of equipment to operate like another, sometimes they don't function the way you would like, once in a while they need a tune-up...

Amazingly, kids give back so much more than a piece of equipment, they express love and affection, they give and receive, they think and reason, they talk back, they argue, they apologize, they forgive, they try harder, they smile, they laugh, they bring joy to my life and I {get to} learn how to operate each individual piece of equipment exactly the way they were created to operate...

{instead of the entire manual, maybe I could just get a chapter on each?}

No comments:

Post a Comment