B

B

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The {unhappiness} I have so often chosen

has not been by choice 
but by survival
I am beginning to realize
that in order to survive
I had to  feel no feelings
I could not grow up {feeling happiness}
because I would have to feel all of 
the {unhappiness} too...
I could feel nothing
that is how I survived...
and I continued to live life like this into adulthood
marriage, children, a family, friends,
not really knowing how to feel the feelings I had

I want to begin to feel happy
I want to be some thing else
I want to make it different
I have that choice now AND
I have that power

I choose to feel all feelings,
good, bad, indifferent, positive, negative, hurtful, shameful, jealous, kind, unloving, rude, painful, strong, bitter, unhappy, sad, ecstatic, pleasant, sweet, angry, resentful, loving, and happy
yes especially happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment