B

B

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Frustration

allows me to appreciate my life

especially on days that I get up extra early
to have enough time to get ready to go
4 kids off to school
give the 3 littles a bath
dress them completely, hair pretties, shoes and socks
jump in the shower for a quick rinse
get out to be greeted by 3 barefoot kids
I pleasantly smile and say
go get your shoes and socks so we can put them back on
I re-apply shoes and socks
I continue about my routine 
clear table
throw some clothes on
answer phone
load dishwasher
ewww, what's that smell
slap some make-up on
put my shoes on
locate coats
ohh, that's what I smell
change a diaper
WHAT! barefeet?
and 3 more pair of shoes on the floor
I wonder why I {waste} my time and energy doing things 3x's
ahhhhhhh....frustrating
this time a pleasant smile with clenched teeth
GET YOUR SHOES AND SOCKS, so we can put them back on your feet!

I remind myself
at least my kids CAN take their shoes and socks off
because I know their are some parents who
wish they could put shoes and socks on 3x's in less than an hour 
...either dealing with 
a handicapped child, infertility issues, 
child loss, or maybe, children who are grown up...

I challenge myself to
continue to appreciate the
simple frustrations I deal with
because it could be a lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment