B

B

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Black Shoes

Shoes...we have a lot of shoes. Some new, some old, some used, some "hand me downed". We more than likely have a shoe in every size by now! This can be our greatest blessing or our biggest curse.

As we were getting ready to go to the Christmas program a few years back, in a hurried rush of course, our 4 yr old at the time could not find her black shoes. As I am trying to get the younger kids ready to go, I keep telling her to get her shoes on. I have prompted her at least 3 times at this point. She is standing right by the shoe pile and exclaims, "I can't find MY shoes, mom". A little frustrated by now, I look across the room and see a black pair of shoes sitting right in front of her, so I bluntly tell her, "OPEN YOUR EYES and LOOK FOR THEM, THEY ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

I hear nothing back, with a sigh of relief I glance over hoping to see her slipping her foot into her shoe, instead I see her with her fingers pressed to her eyes, pulling her eyelids apart as wide as they can stretch, and she shouts back, "I'm looking and STILL DON'T SEE THEM"!

Oh, my literal child. What a riot!

The joke WAS on me, the black shoes I saw were her younger sisters, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment