B

B

Sunday, August 11, 2013

earth shattering reality

I am a mother to a child who does not know who I am...
I love this child as much as life itself,
yet I am not the person she looks to
I am not the mother who feeds her
I am not the one who comforts her
It is an absolutely devastating reality
My heart breaks into a million pieces
when my baby looks at me and cries...
she doesn't want me to comfort her
she cries for another mother to comfort her
This child doesn't need or desire me in her life
the way I so desperately need and desire her.
 I don't blame her for this, 
it is all she knows, she is just a child
I am confident that someday,
this will change
but for right now,
this sucks,
it is so unbearably hard,
and it hurts more than I could have possibly imagined...

No comments:

Post a Comment