B

B

Thursday, March 7, 2013

one week ago today

I said goodbye to a part of myself
my heart shattered and crumbled into pieces
I dug into the depths of my soul to find the strength to do what was right
I experienced an indescribable peace
and know that God chose this path for me
but that doesn't diminish the pain and suffering
of a loss known only within a mother's grief
I cannot explain how right and perfect this situation has unfolded
but I had no way to prepare and had no idea of what to expect
It has changed me
I am walking very closely to my lifeline...my faith
I am embracing more closely each one of the blessings I have in my life
I am a little slower to snap in response
I hesitate before speaking
I laugh a little more
smile a little longer
cry a lot harder
feel pain I have never experienced before
I love a little bolder
I appreciate the littlest things
I let go of the insignificant 
I focus on the good
I stay positive 
I rely on my inner strength
and
I know one day at a time I will get through
some how, some way, I will find the strength...

No comments:

Post a Comment