B

B

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry

Christmas!

I am headed six hours out of town
feelin' a little crabby and ready to frown,

we have packed the 7 suitcases and have them in tow
I look at my seven precious cargo,

in awe and amazement I feel so overwhelmingly blessed
to be sharing another holiday with those I love best,

it's not about the monetary value that I can give
it is the little things in life examples I can live,

we have packed the snacks and some drinks too
a snacky Christmas feast will have to do,

we will recall the story of that first Christmas morn
when the new Christ child came to earth to adorn,

the hesitation and feelings Mary and Joseph must have felt
unprepared and incapable...in prayer they surely knelt,

I am reminded of this pure example each year at Christmas time
and reflect on it often when the kids are outta line,

so often I feel incapable and unprepared
but  I was given this life to be shared,

with the family and friends that I hold so dear
and the 7 precious cargo that I get to spend another year!



No comments:

Post a Comment