B

B

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Legacy

I felt so very alone

Carrying secrets within

I couldn't go to her for help

She would callus my fragile skin

Impatience, resentment, frustration consumed her

The words of anger poured from her lips

Like poison overtaking my veins

Her anger wasn't my fault I need to get my grips

And place what is hers back on her

Then choose to deal with the rest

I don't have to carry her weight anymore

I never felt good enough even at my very best

Just pushing the resentment deeper

The wounds time does not erase

She projected bitterness and rage

How do I unpack if she isn't willing to face

Not receiving many compliments or compassion

It was really lonely, always trying to do more

How can I please her, what have I done wrong this time

What she couldn't do for her own changed when another walked through the door

The anger, stubborness, lack of compassion, unforgiveness

I want to be rid I want to be free

I don't have to pay for all their sins

Passed down the tree

Just because this was life for the rest of them

Passing down the line

I will not let it continue, I can change, I can be different

This legacy will not be mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment